457 (Temporary work (skilled))
This visa provides for long-term entry for up to four years for people with business interests or employment in Australia. A 457 (Temporary work-skilled) visa is the one of the most popular Australian visas because it is a pathway to a permanent visa (Employer Nomination Scheme). The Requirements for each stage are that:
• the applicant is lawfully and actively operating a business either in Australia or overseas.
•the applicant’s expenditure on training Australians meet the required level
• the employer is a standard business sponsor
• the base rate of pay which is, or would be, paid to an Australian citizen or permanent resident is greater than the TSMIT
(Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold).
• the qualifications and experience of the visa applicant are commensurate with qualifications and
experience specified for that occupation in the ANZSCO dictionary
• the nomination must have been approved and the approval still in effect.
•the nominated occupation is on the current 457 occupations list (ie on the Consolidated Occupation List (CSOL).
•the applicant must score at least 5 in each of the four components of IELTS
•the applicant must meet character and health requirements.
On 1 July 2013, there was a significant change in a 457 visa program. Please contact a registered migration agent for accurate advice.